Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What Kind Of Faith?

When the Bible says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God" I have to wonder, what kind of faith? Now that I've been through phases of adversity and growth, I see two kinds of faith - blind faith and understanding faith. The former has caused me much trouble. And I see it on a national level. We are walking by blind faith. Whatever our leaders say, whatever the media outlets say, that's what we are to believe. We are to trust them. They know what they're talking about. Let them do our thinking for us and everything will be fine. Have the audacity to question, and you're unpatriotic. Same thing occurs in the church. "If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit." So I don't believe God is talking about just any kind of faith.
     Understanding faith, on the other hand, is what truly gives one stability and protects one from deception.  It is faith based on knowledge. And knowledge is something we have to constantly search for like hidden treasure. But who these days really want knowledge, especially the knowledge of self? Knowledge is work.

No comments:

Post a Comment